The Department of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning was founded in 2020 and offers an undergraduate program B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning) through APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University in Kerala.
SBCE thrives to impart an effective technical education by means of experiential learning and develop concrete infrastructure with efficient faculty and dynamic student community for achieving higher target level in Higher education in India. It insists on implementing Outcome Based Education (OBE) throughout the tenure of under graduation by means of getting university ranks, higher placement records, and improved Higher order thinking. We are concerned with constructing top-to-bottom and bottom-to-top models of human-level intelligence; building systems that can provide intelligent tutoring; creating adaptive and intelligent entertainment systems; making systems that understand their own behavior; growing our understanding of how to build autonomous agents that can adapt in dynamic environments involving multitudes of other intelligent agents; modeling and predicting human behavior; automating creativity; and addressing a variety of other problems. To emphasize on lifelong learning and applying knowledge on solving real world problems, we conduct various technical events like hackathons, coding competitions, training programs, workshops and seminars. We strive to teach our best in terms of knowledge dissemination and bring out our students with a enriched experience.
Our initiatives will undoubtedly shape students so that they can face the outside world with prompt technical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. We collaborate with various firms and regularly organize various activities such as industry visits, technical talks, and real-time projects to hone the students’ technical and soft skills in order to prepare industry ready students with holistic personalities.
Career Opportunities in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning:
• With a huge explosion in data and its applications, a career in the field of AI&ML can be very promising as Big Data Engineer, Business Intelligence Developer, Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, Research Scientist, AI Data Analyst, AI Engineer, Robotics Scientist, etc.
• With a specific job description on AI&ML, students have been recruited by reputed industries like Microsoft, Amazon, Goldman Sachs, Oracle GBU, Cisco, Dell Technologies, Accenture, among others.
• The future roles are many with AI&ML as the foundation.
• The graduates of the program can pursue higher education and research at premier national or international universities with a great future in research.
To be globally recognized in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning through the production of competent professionals and the conduct of applied research for the benefit of society.
• To establish an essential environment with required infrastructure and faculty for imparting domain knowledge.
• To bring out the competent and industry ready students by practicing theoretical aspects with experiential Learning.
• To prepare the students with holistic personality by means of appropriate technical and communication skills for solving real world problems.
• To foster academia-business collaborations in the area of artificial intelligence.
Machine Learning Using Python
The Department of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Sree Buddha College of Engineering, Pattoor organized Machine Learning Using Python on 27/10/2022 and 28/10/2022 at 9 am in association with AI and ML Dept. of SBCE. The expert speaker was Dr.Shiju Thomas M Y, Assistant Professor Rajagiri College of Social Sciences. The mentoring session was conducted at SDPK Lab. 58 participants attended the mentoring session. The expert speaker explained about Python Basics and Machine Learning. The workshop was started with an introduction by Mr. Athul Sai, student of AI & ML. Mr.Allen Shabu, Student Representative of AI & ML, proposed the welcome speech. Dr Anil A.R , HoD, Department of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning done a felicitation. The expert speaker explained the basics of Python and concepts of Machine Learning. The 2 days workshop covered various topics of Machine Learning using Python Various packagaes and tools for Machine Learning were familiarized in the workshop. The speaker interacted with the students and gave clarifications for the different queries from various students and faculty members.Ms. Bibisha Susan Mathew, Student Representative of AI & ML, proposed the vote of thanks. Attendance and Feedback were collected from the participants using Google form. E-Certificates were distributed to attendees using Google Drive.