SBCE Becomes an NBA Accredited Institution
The Sree Buddha College of Engineering, Pattoor is currently an NBA Accredited Institution.
“The National Board of Accreditation (NBA), India was initially established by AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education) under section 10(u) of AICTE act, in the year 1994, for periodic evaluations of technical institutions & programs basis according to specified norms and standards as recommended by AICTE council.
NBA in its present form came into existence as an autonomous body with effect from 7th January 2010, with the objective of Assurance of Quality and Relevance of Education, especially of the programs in professional disciplines”.
The purpose of the accreditation by NBA is to promote and recognize excellence in technical education in colleges and universities—at both the undergraduate and post graduate levels. Institutions, students, employers, and the public at large all benefit from the external verification of quality provided through the NBA accreditation process. They also benefit from the process of continuous quality improvement that is encouraged by the NBA’s developmental approach to promote excellence in technical education.
Through accreditation, the following main purposes may be served:
- support and advice to technical Institutions in the maintenance and enhancement of their quality of provision.
- confidence and assurance on quality to various stakeholders including students.
- assurance of the good standing of an Institution to government departments and other interested bodies.
- enabling an Institution to state publicly that it has voluntarily accepted independent inspection and has satisfied all the requirements for satisfactory operation and maintenance of quality in education.
Benefits and Significance of Accreditation
- Demonstrates accountability to the public.
- Demonstrates the commitment to excellence.
- Facilitates continuous Quality Improvement.
- Improves staff morale.
- Recognizes the achievements/innovations.
- Facilitates information sharing.
- Priority in getting financial assistance.
- Helps the Institution to know its strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Initiates Institutions into innovative and modern methods of pedagogy
- Gives Institutions a new sense of direction and identity.
- Provides society with reliable information on quality of education offered.
- Promotes intra and inter-Institutional interactions.
The Accredited Programmes are as follows