1. Dr. Malu Ravi and Ms. Sheigha Pappachan received KSCSTE fund for the project proposal “Conversion of egg fruit to nutritional drink and study of its neuroprotective and antimitotic properties”, dated 23.09.2016 (for 6 months).
2. NPTEL – ELITE+ GOLD MEDAL WINNERS for the subject: Technical English for Engineers : Anju J, Gayathri G Kurup, Malavika Mukesh, Aswin Kumar and Basil Joseph
3. Ms. Reshma S (CGPA: 9.8) is the University topper in the BTech Batch 2016-2020 in the University examinations held by APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Kerala.
4. Ms. Anju C S, (MTech Batch 2015-17) has secured First rank in Biotechnology & Biochemical Engineering Postgraduate course offered by APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University.
5. Ms. Anju C S, (MTech Batch 2015-17) secured First place for paper presentation in a two day national conference on Eco-Friendly Technological Innovations for Sustainable Development (NCETISD) under the conference series E2F2 (Engineering Education for Facing the Future) conducted in Sree Buddha College of Engineering, Pattoor.
6. Mathew Joseph, Nayana U Krishnan, Vani P V, Shafna S, Anju J, Drishya G Chandran, Simi S Ebenzer and Badarudheen P A of ( S8, Batch 2013-17) received Best Paper award for paper presentation at ‘Parichay-2017’, a National Level Symposium organized by Department of Biotechnology Engineering, NMAM Institute of Technology, Udupi, Karnataka.
7. Betsy Ann Varghese, Narayanan Nampoothiri V. P, Aswathy P and Reshmi Thankappan (S8, 2013-17 Batch) won Best Paper award at National Level Technical Fest, ‘Colloqium’ organized by Mohandas College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram.
8. Anju J, Drishya G Chandran, Simi S Ebenzer and Badarudheen P A (S8, Batch 2013-17) also earned special mention at the National level symposium on Trends and prospects in Bioscience and Technology Towards Sustainibility , ‘Equilibria 2017′, organized by Sree Chithra Thirunal College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram.
9. Gayathri G Kurup and Malavika Mukesh have participated in prototype exhibition conducted at Infopark, Kerala.
10. Gayathri G Kurup and Malavika Mukesh have attended summer training at the Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati.
11. Extramural Research Grant : Dr. Jaya Mary Jacob, Assistant Professor, Department of Biotechnology & biochemical Engineering has received extramural research grant worth Rs. 48.48 Lakhs from the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India under the Biotechnology Career Advancement and Re-orientation Programme (Bio-CARe) for women Scientists. Under this scheme research activities on biotechnology interventions for quantum dot synthesis and their application for biosensor development is underway.
12. Sony K Cherian, Malavika Aji, Abhay J Mohan and Baliyapaadath Isaac Nixon secured Kerala start-up mission’s fund for prototype design of HALO WATERFILTERS project combined with college IEDC unit.
13. Ms. Merin Sara, Ms. Abitha, Ms. Aleena Jacob and Ms. Sruthy, students of S8, B Tech Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering won first prize for Innovative idea on Nano-engineered Tissue Paper towel product under the guidance of Dr. Jaya Jacob during the Ideathon contest organized by EC department in association with ETA Cell and IEDC, SBCE.